View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Sewnoma

Default Baby quilt, first FMQ meander

I think I did a good job piecing this one, but only an "okay" job quilting it. I'm still learning FMQ. I seem to have gotten tension/lashing issues squared away, now I just need to learn how to steer better! (And work on more consistent stitch length...) I usually do swirls, this is my first time trying a meander. I kept trying to go into swirls!

This is for my friend; she's expecting a little boy later this year. This quilt is made to match a diaper changing pouch & mat I posted a couple weeks ago: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t248059.html (You can see it sitting there to the left of the quilt in the first pic here)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479305[/ATTACH]

Alphabet flannel on the back:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479306[/ATTACH]

Some of my not-so-great quilting. I used one of the new variegated threads from Connecting Threads in rainbow colors - nice thread, quilted up with no hassle, just like their normal thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479307[/ATTACH]

I did a pre-wash test of this quilt plus the diaper pouch in HOT water, and it sure did crinkle but everything survived! The batt is Hobbs 80/20 - first time I've used it. Not sure I like it, actually. It had a weird scratchy feel to it right out of the bag, but seems fine now that it's in the quilt.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails ludlam_baby1.jpg   ludlam_baby_back.jpg   ludlam_baby_quilting2.jpg