View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 AM
fauxquilter

Hahaha! If you're willing to spring for a sheet of Singer decals, that would be very funny!

These are solid machines. I love mine and it's still the standard by which all others are measured (a Pfaff 259, a Pfaff 130 and a 3/4-sized Riccar). I'm not including the two other Meisters I'm cleaning up and the little antique with a shuttle bobbin in my storage unit. Too many machines? No way.

At $20 bucks, you have nothing to lose. These were electric machines from the start but someone might be able to convert it to a treadle. Decals are in great shape. The nickel plating could benefit from a good chrome metal cleaner. Make sure it has all the parts, like the bobbin casing. I always carefully wipe my vintage machines down with a little sewing machine oil to start with, because it removes some dirt and doesn't damage the paint or decals which are fragile. Like I said, a pedal and motor shouldn't be a problem to replace and you have the advantage of getting new cords and plugs. This machine also fits some of the new, plastic carrying cases too (although I'd get one from a sewing machine shop, not Walmart). When this machine is all tuned/cleaned up, you'll be pleased by how beautiful it is.

Great find!