View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 09:57 AM
fauxquilter

Yep, I'm a bad monkey (although I haven't been in a WalMart in years). Here's the bobbin case. It's horizontal in that the bobbin lever is horizontal while the metal arm which is at right angles to it points straight up when it's properly loaded (apologies for the sideways photo. I'm having one heckuva time loading this photo for some reason.) As you can see, it's pretty generic and I have seen these advertised on the web as being for Meisters (among others).

The plate to the right of the machine does indeed look as though the machine might have been run as a treadle. The Meister does not have the burly timing belt that is installed inside the Pfaff 130 (Yay! One less vintage part to check/locate!).

The base is approx. 14.5 inches long (wide) and 7 inches high. Mine fits into a vintage Singer sewing cabinet but there is one problem. The little "feet" beneath the base curve outward and interfere with the machine swinging down into the cabinet when not in use so I will have to locate or make longer hinge pins in order to make it fit. I have not encountered any problems with the more standard plastic (eek!) cases. Fortunately, the machine is stable and well-balanced. I think you could sew on it without a base.

Finally, this is an all-metal machine and weighs about 35 lbs. which might make it a wee bit difficult to transport if it doesn't have a case.

I know about getting sidetracked by tinkering and restoring, which is all I was doing until we found out that a grandbaby is on the way. Oiling, buffing and polishing quickly gave way to ditzy cotton knits and Dr. Seuss. If you get the machine let me know and I'll be happy to send you the operating manual I compiled from my own experience with my Meister.

Off to the fabric store. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg