Thread: My Singer 301
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:09 PM
singerguy

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Singerguy can you tell me what you mean when you say "soak it in oil" initially I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the machine so all I did was take anything out that I saw (dust, debris, caked oil) and oiled it. Then everything went wrong.
Miriam how do I attach a picture to this thread once started? I couldn't do it earlier that's why I started this one.
just putting oil on all the moving metal parts. it's like drowning them in oil and let it sit for a day or two then try to move the hand wheel ever so slowly. see if it works but if you've done some oiling on all the moving parts then it could be something else. now it dawned on me - since this has a built in motor, would you be able to go in and check the motor. gear maybe broken. i have a 301 but i have not work on the 301 deeper than just putting oil. there is definitely going on between the hand wheel and motor/motor gear (in my assumption). i maybe wrong but just another possibility. i found THIS VIDEO ABOUT 301 REPAIR you might want to check it out.

also the bobbin mechanism might be engaged. check it out.

Last edited by singerguy; 06-16-2014 at 04:20 PM.