Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 AM
CW2007

Originally Posted by msrosecooks View Post
Hello all. My sister and I will be attending the sister's quilt show in oregon in july. Any tips would be appreciated! Did you go and did you like it? Good places to shop and eat? Are there any "must see" touristy things to do while there? Thanks guys!!!!
It's a great show, dunster is correct. Arrive early, they usually have the quilts up by 8 am and there are fewer people looking. Every year that I've attended, I always try to get up there a day ahead to check out the stores as well as the quilt shop. Much easier to purchase fabric the day before so you don't have to deal with the huge lines at the checkout stands. Munchies are a real must as well as water. I don't know where you are staying, but Bend has a great downtown fair that always takes place on that weekend and wonderful places to eat. Strolling along the Deschutes River is always a nice way to relax and finish out a long day at the Sisters' Quilt Show. I won't be going this year but look forward to going again next year. Enjoy it!