View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 09:30 AM
irishrose

surgery?? Did someone say surgery. I had 8 procedures done on right foot yesterday. I am sitting here with my 'toes above my nose' with a very large cast on. The nurses in recovery freaked me out by telling me I had to be non weight bearing for 2 weeks. The doctor and I had agreed that I had to able to put weight on my heel. There is a huge difference. Keeping a foot from touching the ground would be difficult living alone. I did it twice for 2 months each time, but I still had a husband then and no dogs. The doctor stopped in and reaffirmed that I could use the heel. I have a wheelchair, 3 walkers and a pair of crutches so I'm good to go. He wanted me in the hospital for two days, but I went the surgery center and came home. Hospitals are for ill people and I just needed repairs. Riding 50 miles with that particular daughter was an experience, but we made it safely.

I will stay off the scales because I have no idea what the cast weighs and to see the figure of me plus it would be demoralizing. mjmachin, you can do my walking for me. I was up to two miles on most days. Both my older daughters have had carpal tunnel surgery. I think K was back to work in a few days. I'm thinking f you had a lot of cutting done, you could piece after a few days. Can't be any harder than typing. Pushing down on the cutter wouldn't be good.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier!