View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 05:38 AM
quiltmom04

I've found that the edges that you have arrows are easily covered in the long seam joining the blocks. What has been more problematic for me is matching the seams if the 1/4 is not consistent. If your seam is consistent, you shouldn't have a problem. The bigger problem comes if you don't get an accurate 1/4 and are using a pattern that is comprised of different sized pieces. The designer will be assuming your 1/4" seam is accurate, and if yours varies by very much (even though it may not have an impact on simple block piecing like this quilt ), it will show up very quickly in another quilt. So, at the risk or sounding "quilt police-y", they to get your 1/4" as accurate as you can before you start to take on harder projects and are more frustrated. I think lots of us at times just say " the heck with it" and put it together however it goes, and at other times try for more precision. It will serve you in the long run, though, if you know what is precise and what isn't. Good luck with your quilting!!