Old 06-19-2014, 05:31 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

OK all you rabble rousers l.. trying to stir up trouble!
You know I have only encouraged each of you for what you really wanted.
I know ...put the blame on me, and feel better!

Don't you all like MaryK's Doctor?? ... no vacuuming! I think we would all appreciate that Doc!

MaryK ... what beautiful colours and detailed work. I just can't fathom doing it ALL by hand! Looks like you will soon be crossing the century line! You had a beautiful day to be basking in the sun and stitching! BTW many of these non-DJ'ers have provided for my blue stash .... so they can say their fabric is in a DJ!

Starting with W4Me ... who planted the seed of a different blue in each of my DJ blocks. Well, more than planted, she kept nagging .... and started shipping fabric! As for "hates to admit"... yup, you know you wanted those nudges!

Anael ... get that battery charged and show off your blocks! Please??

CarrieM ... you'll get to DJ, when the time is right for you. Meanwhile, follow along and keep gathering tidbits towards doing your own.

AlisonQ ... hardly a fraud! Love to help keep your Canadian roots, strong and firm!!!!!!!!

My Story ... a year and a half a go, no way I was ever going to do DJ. Then I kept hearing, seeing, reading more and more and started to think about it. About this time I made the decision that yes, it would happen, and made the plan to have my colours and fabrics organized to start in the winter. My first blocks got done around Christmas, with the blue plan. However, the initial plan was to use the blues I had, and then repeat. Then W4Me, did her magic!!!!!! And many of you helped out!

My plan also was to not have it as a project in the forefront, but to do whenever I felt like it. Kind of as an in-between thing. I knew from doing FWS and PC, I was so focused on each at the time, and did not do much of anything else. I knew I wanted a less stressful route, though I needed some support like we had with the FWS and PC, if I was ever going to finish DJ. So yes, some encouragement to those who had some DJ interest, to follow me in a Leisure Jane approach.

At Christmas, I did 13, and realized it really was not all that time consuming and thought, yes, I can get 13 done per month ... the equivalent of a row. So it became my monthly goal ... but also, that I was not going stress out on that, if I did not get them done. Last month, I fell short ... but with some months with an extra one or two, I was able to keep that average, and still have a couple extras. Long term, I am not going to do a traditional DJ setting. I know ... the purists will think this is terrible! Sorry, that's just me ... have to put my own personal touches on it!

Here's "Jane Sings The Blues" thru to the end of May with 80 blocks done.
I think I have three done in June so far. Better get moving to get to 13 (or more!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479792[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails djmay-80-1-.jpg