View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 AM
SlightlyOffQuilter

If they have seen your work, and are still asking, I would take that as a sign that they are comfortable paying for your work. There are alot of opinions on selling or not selling our quilts, and I think this is something we all have to decide for ourselves.

I do take custom orders, and I am happy with the price that I get for them. Could I charge more ? Sure I could, but then no one would be able to afford it. I have also been paid MORE than what I was asking because when the final product was delivered they felt guilty that I only charge them what I did.

My personal opinion is this. What would I be doing if I was not making a quilt for a client ? I would be working on a quilt anyway ! I love quilting. I love every part of it. I am one of those people that starts working on the next quilt within hours of finishing the previous one. I am also disabled, which means I have alot of time on my hands, and well, quilting keeps me from getting into trouble LOL. So my thoughts are, why not get PAID for doing something I would be doing ANYWAY!