Thread: Hexie questions
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I am using plastic hexes called Quilt Patis. I tried the glue stick but it didn't hold. I use to baste around the hex fabric, pull it tight and tie a knot but I am now using scotch tape and it is much faster and works great. I am using 1" hex and cutting the fabric using 2.5" strip so I have an edge wider than 1/4". I cut at least 3 layers and the cutting using a template makes cutting fast.

Now who would have thunk....scotch tape...great idea! Aren't we the most creative people out there! I can hardly wait to finish my house chores so I can go to my sewing cave and try some of these great hints I just rec'd.....oh, also in my frustration I did buy the fiskar XL hexie punch on amazon...recd yesterday....cool ! The tute on quiltville is neat too, but the punches she has are no longer ....company bankrupt...saw them once on eBay, don't know if still there...probably overpriced now that "we" have made them wanted with our hexie quilt craze........

Went to goodwill and bought a box of greeting cards for .50 for punching out hexies, I have the plastic ones...bought a few yrs ago....don't like them...not flexible enough when doing the attaching...that's probably just me though.........