View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:36 AM
QuiltFaerie

WOW! There really is nothing to the case box, is there? Joe, I can see why you are repairing them. This morning, I pulled the machine and stripped off the fabric. It looks like mainly, I need to pick up the Elmer's Carpenter Wood Glue and some sand paper today. Oh and look for my dad's clamps.

If this picture is flipped, blame my iphone. :-)

I grew up when dads did not show their daughters how to do this stuff, they taught their sons. I wish my dad had spent the time to teach me.

A number of years ago, my garbage disposal needed replacing. My dad at the time was 80. I remember because we replaced my garbage disposal on his birthday. At first he didn't want to get involved. Me, the analytical and logical computer programmer was looking at the disposal, the instructions and thought "oh for god's sake, I program computers for a living! I should be able to do this!". I figured if I screwed it up, I could always call a plumber. It is such a good memory for me. Dad and I successfully replaced the disposal. When he caught me in the act of starting the replacement, he was running down to his house for tools. He just couldn't help himself. I smile every time I think about this.
Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltFaerie; 06-21-2014 at 04:47 AM.