View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:04 PM
cookiemonster

When I started quilting with absolutely no ability or interest, made Paddington bear panel baby quilts stitch by hand, nothing there really. Was thrilled to see I had done something, went to a Tim's coffee place showed my girlfriend who is no clue on quilts. She did respectfully thing of complimenting and 2 lady customers in background asked if they could buy on spot. Their busy work schedule was an issue to go shopping for a baby, so they bought off of me.. I charged them $25.00 didn't know what to say. I had saved them lots of expense in going out to shop waste time, travel costs time loss off their job getting a customer. I was excited.. Other times sold some patchwork baby quilts in yard sale $15.00 that's give away but fabric thread was given to me therefore nothing loss.. Poly batting was here $2.47metre. OK! nothing gained, nothing loss.. NOW.. I improved created a ebay, etsy, and weebly.com(free domain) to post my items.. I always have a gift on hand clothes or baby quilt, then some get donated to our guild. Like yourself I like making them.. You live Indiana, from Wpg here we have a Free duty customs shop that used to take in on % sales items. I sold children's clothing worth $10.00 for $52.00 at a Forks boutique they sold kept %.