Thread: Quilting Books
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Edie

Talking

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
Rather than getting a book, try going to Quilterscache.com and look through the patterns there. There is alot to choose from, and they are 'pinned' beginner, intermediate and advanced. Directions are included with each pattern block and they are FREE!
I agree with you 100%. Have been using Quilter's Cache for years. I print out the pattern and then I have it forever. I also write down on the pattern what quilt it went on (if it was a sampler) and who it was for and the date. I have three notebooks with the patterns in them. When I plan a new Sampler, I go through the book and pick out what jumps out at me. I prefer the 12" blocks and they are easy to work, and I really enjoy this. Besides which, when you open a book, it almost always closes up again. When you print out the Q.C. patterns, they lay nice and flat.

I have the books from my mother's collection of patterns. I look through them and drool, but I have found the Quilter's Cache to be the easiest and neatest way to do the "job"! Edie