Thread: Names
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Sewnoma

When I bought my 6600, my dealer asked me what its name was. I didn't have a name for it, so they named her for me. My first & last name together sounds a LOT like a Star Wars character name, so they named my 6600 "Princess Leia". I thought that was funny as heck so I've kept the name. It's kind of appropriate - she's royalty but knows how to get tough! Then when I bought my 3160 from them I decided to stick to the Star Wars theme; for no specific reason the 3160 is now "Chewbacca".

I also have a 90's Kenmore I bought as a teenager - that poor machine has been used and abused (by me) and its name is "Old Squeaky".

I also have 2 non-working machines that are beyond my ability/desire to repair: a Pfaff 332-260 and an old Singer 15; I keep them as decorations and to remind me of my grandmothers. The Pfaff is *exactly* the same machine I learned how to sew on, taught by one of my grandmothers. The 15 is similar to (but not the same as) the machine my other Gran sewed on for years. Neither are named, because they don't work. Both of my grandmother's actual machines are still in the family; one is already coming to me some day and I'm trying to get the other one as well.