View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:17 AM
romanojg

There are lots of brands out there. I have a really old Singer that did good. A few months ago I got a great deal on Vikings Huskylock 21, its the 2nd best they have and does everything. It was a deal too good to pass up on. I had no regrets, I own several Vikings and they all are all great machines. Then I went to a serger event to gain knowlege for sergers in general and ended up buying the top of the line Brother machine. I went there with no intentions of buying a new machine because I had a new one but really loved the things this machine would do. Knowing that I can sell my Huskylock and easily recoupe my money (yes, it was that cheap from a store with warranty) I got the Brother. Love this machine as well. I'm so busy, when I'm not working then I'm watching grandkids to help when my kids are working so I need all the free time I can get and I think the Brother will require less training and there is a shop right down the road from my house. Get the best you can for your money and one that does the most you can afford so you stay challenged for a while learning. I did that with my emb machine and after a few yrs I'm still learning and interested. I think I'm good for along time for my hobbies, I have a sewing machine, a quilting machine an emb machine and now a serger and the Brother cut n scan. Lots of learning to do. At first I considered keeping the huskylock to learn on too but as you can tell, I have lots of things to still learn in my busy life. If anyone is interested in a new, serger, pm me. Good luck with your search. There are so many things you can do with a serger, including quilting. Right now I'm making a jacket and then a table runner.