View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 AM
J Miller

Default Clones from A to Z

At one time I commented here that there were so many brands and names of clones one could make a collection of their names from A to Z.

Well I'm almost there. I have pics on my hard drive of the following brands of 15 clones.

Clones, From A to Z

A: Admiral, Aldens, Ambassador, American Beauty, American Home

B: Bel Air Imperial, Belvedere, Brother, Butterfly

C: Capri, Challenge, Champion, Commodore, Commander, Compac, Comrie, Continental, Coronado, Coronado Princess, Coronet, Cromwell

D: Domestic, Dressmaker

E: Edison, Electra Deluxe, Elite, Emerson

F: Famous, Federal, Fei Ren Pai, Fiatelli, Fleetwood Deluxe, Free-Westinghouse

G: Good Housekeeper

H: Homestead, Hother Sewmatic, Hudson

I: International, Imperial National, Ideal, Imperial, International

J: ~

K: Kenmore

L: Liberty

M: Margiotta, Martin, McCalls, Mercury, Mercury Electric, Modern Home, Modernage, Monarch, Montgomery Wards, Morse

N: New Home

O: ~

P: Precision Master, Premier, Princess

Q: ~

R: Remington, Revere, Riccar, Rockford, Rodney, Royal

S: SBF, Seam Master, Sew Magic, SEWBEST, SEWMOR, Simplex, Soverign, State, Sterling, Stitch Master, Stradivaro

T: Tailor Maid, The Haile Bros. Co.

U: Universal

V: Vanderwoort’s, Verlex, Vogue

W: White, Wizard, Wyman’s

X: ~

Y: Younker’s

Z: ~

I'm only missing: J, O, Q, X, Z. That's a lot of names and I have multiple pics for some of them. Way to many to post on the forum, that's for sure.

I got many of my pics from shopgoodwill.com, the QB forum especially Miriams "Will The Real 15 Clone Please Stand Up" thread, my own machines, and a few from other places. There were some pics in Miriam's thread that were so big my computer couldn't open them, but I'm not going back through that 50 page thread to find them.

Anyway if anyone has a traditional 15 clone whose name starts with J, O, Q, X or Z. Please let me know. I'd love to have them to finish my alphabet.

Joe