View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 PM
miriam
Power Poster

CD I totally agree with your rant - was that really a rant??? You are dead on regardless. I've sent a few parts to people. It costs me space to store a machine. It costs time me to pull a part off a stored machine. It costs me to clean the part. It costs me to haul it to the post office. It costs me to mail the part. So what IS fair for parts??? Ebay? Who knows how responsible someone is about that stuff - there may well be more money in parting out machines than in fixing them up. Since I am a Power Poster, maybe I can power post these junkers out to your place and you can have the worlds largest pick a part for sewing machines business. You could line them up alphabetically or numerically or in colors or what ever - I betcha Wilbur would want to help... People could travel for miles to come and get parts for their $10 sewing machines - just kidding. The scrap yard gives very little for a machine since it is not purely one metal and some times plastic - ask me how I know. But the parts do keep other machines going. Ok wanna talk about those $10 sewing machines??? Now there is a real RANT and for now I'm going to sit on my hands so my rant doesn't go running out of my head and onto the computer screen.