View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Leslie333

Default FMQ - it "clicked

I had become decent, but not proficient at FMQ on "quilting round 1" when I was quilting 15 year ago, then I took a 10 year quilting break. I started on "quilting round 2" about 3 years ago, but I've been doing mostly straight like quilting on the things I've done.

I made a quilt top that is for me, so it felt safe to work on my FMQ, plus I took a Craftsy class from Leah Day and wanted to practice on something "real". I've been using a meandering loop de loop type of quilting, except for some square in a square quilting in the random squares in the design. I've finished the interior and did straight lines on the border (feeddogs engaged) tonight, then I started the FMQ on the border. After about 20 minutes in the border it suddenly "clicked"! I was able to increase my speed and keep my stitch length fairly consistent and not quilt myself into a place I couldn't get out of easily. I just had to share with those who understand!

Constructive criticism welcome. I know the stitch length isn't 100% consistent and that will just take practice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480099[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_8310.jpg