Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

I make them for friends and family members and others are always asking me, 'Do you sell quilts?' Our darling children seem to favor the King size beds...and that is a lot of work plus expense. Many do not realize the cost of making a quilt,...I usually find fabrics are three hundred dollars alone for a king size...including the backing and batting. Machine quilting runs it up another hundred and thirty to two hundred dollars. And IF I 'gift' it, then its on my time line of its completion...and I may ask their favorite colors or I may not. Weddings, birth of a child and other special occasions are often the reason for a quilt. Or the various seasons, so you can change guest rooms or your room to match the season or holidays. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall; the calendar year of 12 months; Christmas, the New Year, Easter. Throws, table runners, full sized quilts, or traditional patterns stirs up my interest to do the work. It is a hobby, pure enjoyment for me. I like to 'design' the quilt for the person receiving the gift

I think those who support their favorite charities with quilts do fabulous jobs and the quilts are well received ..places are posted on QB site, as an example. After hour quilters in CC, Tx., made two pattern-pieced stuffed bears, etc., For the police and fire fighters to give to kids taken away in domestic violence situation or a home burning down .

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 06-23-2014 at 02:28 PM.