View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 AM
meanmom

I have been cleared by my PT to do pretty much anything that doesn't hurt. It is 4 weeks today since surgery. I have been on a recumbent bike in PT and yesterday I was able to get the pedals all the way around the whole time. I am hoping to get some bike riding in while in Hilton Head. I also can walk up and sometimes down stairs walking normally. It is still weak but coming along like it should. Something about the things the dr did in surgery makes it so my quadricep muscle doesn't want to fire. This is normal the PT tells me. I see the dr on July 8th and he will start the Monovisc injections again. I still need a total knee replacement, hopefully this will delay it a few years.
I leave for Hilton Head on Thursday so I will post the new thread tonight or tomorrow. I am SO ready for vacation. I am staying with my brother and SIL in their time share. My DD and her boyfriend are going. I am looking forward to spending some time with them. DD just graduated from college so due to her busy schedule we don't see a lot of her. Also I am looking forward to getting to know her boyfriend better, They have been dating 3 years but due to their crazy schedules we don't see a lot of him. He works most weekends and his mom is out of town so he visits her when he is off.