Thread: What are?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:24 AM
cdevine

I have only been quilting for about a year now. I do get the looks from people who believe I am to young (you can see it in the expression). I have others who get really upset with me because I plan out my quilts (cut on certain days) because I work full time also. So when the weekend comes I just sew until my little heart is filled with Joy of my new creation. I have done several quilt tops this year and so excited to do more.

The misconceptions I have heard is:
1. Age.. So wrong I have been teaching my 10 & 12 year old (LOVE)
2. Never enough fabric - I agree with this since I am always needing more of something. But I did see this a story recently about a wonderful lady who passed away and she had so much fabric her family had to do an estate sale and she had a front yard FULL of fabric. So maybe there is a time when there is to much?
3. Sewing Machines - I was doing all my quilt tops on a OLD Brother machine and honestly she was my baby but I did upgrade and I do LOVE the one i have now.
4. Fabric is Fabric Right?
5. Quilting is Cheap (WRONG)
6. You can throw that together for me in a week right?

I have a few more but so far I wouldnt change much of anything I have done. I love being creative and teaching my young daughters your NEVER to young to learn.