View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:06 AM
fabric=fun

I agree with all the comments. I recently made 9 doll quilts for a church bazaar sale. I priced them at $20 to $25 since that is an American Doll quilt price on line. The only two that sold were ones (of five) that I also included a sleeve and hanging rod so they could be a wall hanging. Granted this was only for 10 hours of selling total, but we sold about 80 % or more of the other soft goods on the table. I am always able to sell quilted purses, totes, table runners, etc. quite easily, but price them just barely covering fabric costs. These profits go to the church anyway, the actual costs are a donation.

Like many others, the sewing and creating are the means for me to get paid in hours of enjoyment. I do this to enjoy the process and any extra is a bonus! ( in my case, fundraising for the church.)

P.S. Maybe we also need to think of this leisure time activity for what it is and not feel a need to justify the expense - those who golf, play tennis, do woodworking, have a sporty or antique car, sail a boat, (fill in the blank______)etc. don't seem to feel a need to justify the investment of time and money. We may need to relax a bit and just enjoy!