View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 PM
DustysMomma

Default She's still alive!

For those who have wondered, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. The last few months have been pretty rough physically though. The only 2 things I've sewn since I was here last are 2 sets of flannel pillowcases and a matching travel mousepad for a friend. I still have projects everywhere in my sewing room, including a swap I must finish for Mom-6, who probably thinks I've completely abandoned her by now.

After 6 months of Humira, they've changed me to Enbrel. I won't bore you with the details. It's helping the arthritis, but I am having injection site reactions they say aren't "normal" and I'm hoping we can work it out so I can stay on it. I have an Enbrel partners nurse contacting me regularly and reporting the reactions to the manufacturer.

Now I just have to get motivated again! I won't be joining any swaps until I can see daylight and am confident I can complete them without leaving anyone hanging. I went on my first real outing on Father's day, and it went well, though I did pay for it for a few days after. I'm getting there, I promise!