Old 06-25-2014, 01:40 PM
DebbieJJ

Default Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

I had arranged with Skip (Glenn in Huntsville) to meet at his house for me to pick up my treadle machine head that he's refinished for me....he's sent me pictures of it and he's done a wonderful job on it! Anyway, I had to make a stop about halfway there, and I had to show some i.d. for something, and that's when I found out that my driver's license was expired by about a month! I called him and apologized, then explained that I was going back to my county to renew my license before going to his house, then I'd be there later. He was so nice about it and agreed to that.

Then I got back to the license renewal office, and there on the door was a great big sign saying that they couldn't renew any licenses statewide right now because of something going on (I forget the exact wording, but I got the impression it had to do with the computers). I then went to the bank, and their computers were "iffy". Man, I'm just laying around the rest of the day, it may not be safe to operate my computerized sewing machine!

If I ever get my license renewed, I WILL be there Skip! And in my defense, my birthday is in December, and here in Alabama, we usually renew our license in the month of our birthday.