View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Would love to have the patterns if you could post them.
I just checked the guild's site and they have the sheet posted there. No patterns, just guidelines for what the local shelters/rescue agencies want - hopefully this will be helpful. (Keep in mind, your local shelter/rescue agency's needs may vary!)

Here's the pertinent part of the details:

*A ‘cuddle’ is a quilted pad of a specific size which is given to a cat or dog waiting for adoption at one of a number of Sonoma County animal welfare organizations, such as Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County. The quilted pad becomes the property of the cat or dog, and goes with the animal to her/his new home when adopted, so that something familiar is there in the new environment.
* All materials used should be washable and durable, with nothing that will snag a claw, or tempt a chew-off/swallow like a button.
* Cat or dog related fabrics are fine to use. One agency has specifically asked that one side of a cat cuddle be a solid color, any color, the better to highlight the cat resting on it. The other side can be anything you wish. If you wish to use prints on both sides, that is fine: the cuddle will simply go to a different agency.
* Any type of quilt top can be used: pieced, appliqué, whole cloth.
* Cat cuddles should be 25” x 17” so that they fit within a standard cat carrying cage. Dog cuddles can be larger.
* Cat cuddles can have catnip sprinkled between the batting and the top, if you wish. Catnip filled toys can also be created. (There is no catnip-equivalent for dogs.)

DONATIONS ACCEPTED: If you don’t have time to create a cat or dog cuddle, but wish to help, you may donate cat or dog themed fabric of at least ¼ yard, batting of at least 25” x 17”, catnip, or all cotton thread. Give your donations to the project coordinator at any meeting.
I kind of wish it listed sizes for dog cuddles too, but then I guess dogs come in all sizes so there's probably not just one size they need.