Thread: Chemo Quilt?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 AM
alleyoop1

I had a mastectomy in November and followed it with 3 months of chemo. I had made a pinwheel top and I asked a friend of mine to quilt it with no batting, just a fleece back. Fleece stretches and she had difficulty with it but did an amazing job. I pieced the quilt to use up some scrap fabrics - little did I know it would be my recovery quilt. But it's bright fun colors and cheered me up. The blocks are 10" and the border is 5". There are 4 blocks across and 6 down. Hope this helps. Oh, by the way, there is an easy way to make pinwheels. Missouri Star Quilting shows it as well as many others. You cut the fabric into squares and then stitch all the way around the four out side edges. Then you cut the square in a big X and you have the 4 components to make your first pinwheel. I even made a pillowcase with the border fabric for my daily afternoon naps.
Tell your friend that I said, "You can go this!" It's not easy but it's worth it to beat this monster.
Attached Thumbnails my-pinwheel-throw-001.jpg   alices-recovery-quilt-2013.jpg