View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Craftnut

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I have one that looks great, came in the original carrying case with several attachments, the original FW manual and was purchased at a very reasonable price. It's a mid-to-late 40's model and sews like a dream. It now sits in a closet where it has been for several months and is never used. I wanted it so bad until I got it and then I realized I really didn't want the machine, I just got caught up caught up in another person's dream of owning one. I would sell it in a minute if I could do so without hurting my husband's feelings but he was so happy that I was able to find such a nice one after looking for a long time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that "I wish I had looked ahead before I leaped" and given more thought to what I was going to do with it before I bought one.
Betty, at least put it out as a decoration so you can enjoy it, and make it easier to remember to run it. Like cars, you do have to run them regularly or they won't run at all. You need to turn it on and sew with it to keep it in working order. If you can't do that, then do sell it. Your husband already knows you don't really want it because it is in the closet never used.