View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I have one that looks great, came in the original carrying case with several attachments, the original FW manual and was purchased at a very reasonable price. It's a mid-to-late 40's model and sews like a dream. It now sits in a closet where it has been for several months and is never used. I wanted it so bad until I got it and then I realized I really didn't want the machine, I just got caught up caught up in another person's dream of owning one. I would sell it in a minute if I could do so without hurting my husband's feelings but he was so happy that I was able to find such a nice one after looking for a long time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that "I wish I had looked ahead before I leaped" and given more thought to what I was going to do with it before I bought one.
I too bought one thinking...well it must be great, everyone wants one...almost three yrs now...used it once...like the modern ones better....stitch is just as good with new as it is with FW...now interesting...having a garage sale now...have it out with sign showing price...not one person showed interest..I guess this is not FW country.......will have to sell somewhere else...