View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Mornigstar

Enjoyable reading about your collecting. I started out to sell Singer 127 treadle for a lady BUT, I bought it instead. Already had my mom's FW 221 . Did sewing for a lady and she paid me with a 301 machine and got one from her husbands family -white rotary. Then I was like glue and they stuck on me --no big money spent. Waited 2 yrs to get a 99k Handcrank and I wanted it as soon as I saw it because I thought it looked as new and I had never seen a handcrank. Sewed for the lady owner who didn't sew . In Fl bought electric 99 but then last yr for Christmas when brother gave me a 99 I gave it back . Think it was dropped and I couldn't deal with it. Hubby bought us a Kenmore from the neighbor as a good will gesture but it came with a cabinet that it won't fit inside. Have a few toys too just like everyone else need more room to display. In between got 2 FW 221 -keep in Fl.
Few weeks ago bought another FW 221 but having problem because I think a piece of thread is stuck in bobbin area and I can not get it all apart to remove thread. Looks like I need a pulley and I have a cancer quilt started on it.
Left a 401 in Fl because needs work -owners family thought I should have it because I knew the parents for yrs.--
that was that glue in action again and parts were not expensive. Oh, in kitchen have a 128 in cabinet to put in parts .

Gee, sorry to talk so much but feels good to share with folks that understand. Yes, I wanted a Singer 201 for large harp space but have decided there are none around this area in central Ontario -I'll shout to y'll if I find one

Before collecting I only had my Brother Innovis 1500D sewing / embroidery / quilting machine which I use.
When we have guests --a rarety --I explain but they know I am a sewer/quilter before they are even in the door.

Last edited by Mornigstar; 06-27-2014 at 07:04 PM.