View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 07:12 AM
irishrose

Pam, I am not suffering. Sorry if I sounded like I was whining. I am cozy in my one level house with a wheelchair, three walkers, crutches and a cane though the crutches aren't working out this time. Because only my heel can touch the floor, I feel like I'm going over backwards. I was concerned about the staples being in too long, but I have decided that it's Dr L's problem. I trust him completely. We've been together 21 years and I know I wouldn't be walking without him. My daughter just had a knee replaced and she said her stitches were in 15 days so I guess it's not so excessive. Yesterday that daughter bought me a huge elastic bandage and we put it over the one I came home with. With the extra stability, I was able to do my own vacuuming and sweeping and started some sorting some things left over from the remodel. It felt good, but I am going to do more sitting today. My zero gravity chair on the patio is calling my name. Thank goodness for the awning. Redheads do not lay in the sun!

KM, you need to put some crunchy almonds in that yogurt - I like crunchy food when I'm stressed - and your situation is stressful. You have my admiration!!! BTW, it's an old refrain of mine, but I eat nothing with artificial sweetener. Besides the health concerns, it doesn't satisfy your body and leaves you hungrier. I like flavored Greek yogurt with almonds or walnuts, plus plain yogurt added to cut some of the sweetness. I keep plain yogurt for the dogs so we share. Strawberries or pineapple are a nice addition, too. K brought me some local strawberries yesterday. They are wonderful, but the season is so short.

I am working on a Drunkard's Path quilt in batiks. The sewing is easy. The cutting is taking forever. My travel cutting board is on a chair and I'm in the wheelchair with one foot in the air, leaning forward. Good thing no one is filming this. It takes 2 rotary cutters and three rulers for each block. May not be my straightest sewing as I sit crooked at the machine, but the blocks are pressing up fine.

I wish everyone a healthy eating day with just enough exercise at the right time of the day. It's getting very warm here already. Thank goodness for AC.