View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 07:54 AM
lovinlocks

Default Greetings and "Sew"utations!

Quilting newbie here, please call me "Lyric". Nurturing my joy of the D9P quilt pattern I stumbled upon this Forum thankfully. My fam hails from the southern portion of the USA where we are building a small family farm (did I say smaallll?).

One "interesting" point - we live off the electrical grid and after having purchased the sewing machine of my dreams (Viking Husqvarna) I married and had to come up with another way to sew. In comes an antique hand crank and treadle sewing machine.

Finally, diving into learning the craft, I went to a Sister in my congregation and asked her to teach me how to quilt. It was the fall of 2013. I told her I wanted to make a scrap quilt. Get this . . . the strips are still hanging in their places and I've made a couple quilted totes, and a Versatile Wave purse. I have YET to make an actual bed quilt, LOL. I am kinda glad I did not immediately put together the strips because after we cut them out I began reading everything I could get my hands on about quilting and I discovered the Courthouse Steps quilt. Consequently, my "first" bed quilt with be of that style (I will rename it though) with red centers. Uw, I'm so excited.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-28-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: pm