Old 06-28-2014, 05:47 PM
dsch

OK, ladies, I have tried the homemade Bubble Jet Solution & have learned a few things. One, I had to spend $3+ on a "small" box of washing soda in order to get the 2 tsp. that I needed. Luckily, I had some Downy fabric softener on hand, and the whole small jar of alum was just about all used up to get the 2 tsp. of it. Yes, it will separate after a day or so, but just shake it well & reuse. Another, I used my square 8" or a little bigger plastic container so that I could lay the fabric relatively flat & still have room to soak & stir using my hands to make sure the fabric was totally wet. Thirdly, being impatient, I put the soaked & rinsed fabric in the dryer with a load of clothes (letting the Downy do double duty). I was using muslin fabric that I had already cut a few days ahead of time--not a good idea-it shrank by at least 1/2", but I was able to use it because my pictures weren't full page ones. I did press the fabric well before I ironed it on the freezer paper. I also had to cut off lots of strings. However, once I set the printer quality on "Best" and used the fabric/freezer paper, one sheet at a time, my pictures came out really nice. I believe it was a good process & I liked the results, but I don't know if I'll EVER use up all the washing soda I had to buy! Gonna have to read the box for other beneficial uses of it.