View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 09:35 PM
terri bb

Default Strata Star top DONE!

oh the agony! this is a wedding present, late as i fashionably am! i had SUCH trouble with this! i have been so busy lately and my time to work on this has been scarce so i wasn't as careful as i should have been. after numerous unsewing parties as i had things in the wrong order i had a fit when i realized the stratas weren't right. after an eon of trying to figure out why and almost wadding it up into a ball, i noticed that when i "redid" the painters tape to mark my 1/4 inch seam i was off...sigh. so then a few tears came and a renewed i CAN do this. after resewing ALL the stratas my fabric was now worn out and frazzled. but here i am, late this nite, reception now a thing of the past, but the top is DONE! measures 42", or it is SUPPOSED to anyways. i think it looks perfect. some lavender essential oil in the starch spray makes Terry a happy camper now to quilt it. i have the batting that is fusible on one side. i can't decide whether i should do it wrong side out and then turn it right side out, iron it down and then SITD with monofillament or if i should do it traditional style and bind it. the paisley tan i have for border. opinions? thanks! this is the second one of these i have made and someday i might get the hang of it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480838[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg