View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 06:52 AM
terri bb

hey thanks everyone i appreciate the compliments! my poor brain was just so done last nite! yes, i meant to birth it when i said sew and turn it all around. oops! the pattern is called "sew easy strata star" by ruthann eckersley of ruth's machine quilting and i got the pattern plus the kit for it VERY reasonable from Home Grown Quilts in grangeville idaho. their number is 208-983-0254 if any of you are interested in it. i am NOT affiliated with them in any way, just that this is where i got it. i think i am going to save myself the hassle of binding and just do it the fast and easy way the first one my brain was used to normal sandwiching and the batting ended up as the backing and i refused to take it apart. i needed a wall hanging for july for above my piano and this one is the 36". the only difference between the two is one more strip; the 36" takes four 1.5" strips of each of 7 fabrics, the 42" takes five 1.5" strips of each of 8 fabrics. the kit has 7 quarter yard fabrics in it. thanks so much for all the replies! (and my pastor's daughter, bless that little jewel, tells me if i squint, the patriotic star looks like a swastika with the red. geesh. she has forever ruined the beauty of it haha but i shall continue to display it properly! [ATTACH=CONFIG]480862[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg