View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Rodney

Default Latest Acquisition

I've mentioned a couple times a friend was giving me an old treadle machine. We're both members of OWWM, a forum dedicated to old woodworking machines. He had a get-together for OWWM members at his mill yesterday. I was unable to attend but another member was kind enough to bring the machine up from Oregon for me last night on his way home.
Yeah, I know get to the point already.
Anyway what I received was a Singer model 15 serial# C1342611 in a three drawer treadle cabinet.
ISMACS indicates the "C" serial number machines were made in Germany and apparently the records were lost or destroyed when the Russians invaded in 1945.
I'm not sure if it will help date the machine but the stand has a metal pitman arm.
Does anyone have better info for me?
Here's some picks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480893[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480894[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480895[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480896[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480897[/ATTACH]
It came with a few extras including some mouse poop in the center drawer. In the upper left of the last pic there are two devices that look like thread guides to me, I'm not sure how they would have been used. Next to them are a small hemmer and another foot that looks sort of like a hemmer but I don't think it is.
The machine does have it's bobbin case.
The stand is in great shape, it will clean up very nicely with only minimal work and it still has the key!
The machine has some serious rust though and the japanning is flaking off around the serial number and base of the arm. It's also frozen solid. It is very complete though, the only things I see missing are the bobbin cover and a belt.
I didn't have an actual model 15 until now and I'm very happy to have it.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rodney
Attached Thumbnails singer-15-treadle-001.jpg   singer-15-treadle-002.jpg   singer-15-treadle-003.jpg   singer-15-treadle-004.jpg   singer-15-treadle-005.jpg