View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 PM
oldsewnsew

Oh, BTW, another option, which I'm getting to, is mounting an arm perpindicular to the base, so that it could set on any table surface, and the grinder/hand crank could move up or down the arm to get the right belt tension, or you could use a pair of drive fingers consisting of 1/4" bolts with their heads cut off, and a piece of vinyl hose over them. If this is not clear, I'll have pics soon.

The other one I worked on, is one that was on a "giggles" post because the Value Village Thrift Store had this 15 clone marked at $129, I got it a special color tag sale for TWO DOLLARS!! It needs a wiring block because the copper connection points in the existing one, are pretty loose, and by speading out AC plug prongs and plugging it in about 1/2 way, it worked beautifully. Well, only after I cleaned out what looked like the scuzziest grunge in the bobbin area I'd ever seen, it was GROSS!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480967[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480968[/ATTACH]
It's a "Sew Magic" and the badge on the pillar says Seawol Sewing Supplies. Did I mention, its' QUIET!? And even after a total dis-assembly of everything in the bobbin area, it started off sewing an old t-shirt, with perfect tension. I just
Attached Thumbnails 2014-06-26-16.52.49.jpg   2014-06-27-06.55.47.jpg