View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:48 AM
kydeb

Just adding my 2 cents worth :-) A little over a month ago, my doctor told me to cut out wheat (I'm pre-diabetic) for 3 weeks, come back in for blood work, and see what happened. I told him I would give it a shot - I was willing to do the 3 weeks thinking that as soon as it was over, back to bread (I LOVE bread!). After 3 weeks, I decided that I felt so much better and had so much more energy, I didn't care what the blood work said, I was off wheat. Anyway, new blood work done and I went from pre-diabetic to normal. Since then I've read and read and I really do believe a lot of the diseases we have are diet related. It may not work for all of us but I think, for a lot of us, if we changed what we ate, we would be so much healthier. Surprisingly, I don't miss the wheat at all and I feel so much better all around. And talk about energy......I have tons!! As far as supplements - they concern me somewhat. I don't believe that there is any standards for them and if I don't really know what they are, I don't really want to add it - too many additives all the way around. That being said, I'm not "one of those people." I really did not believe going no wheat would make a difference. A side note - someone brought fresh baked glazed donuts to the office. After about 2 hours I folded and ate one - I was immediately sorry and won't let that happen again. It made me feel awful for a few hours.