Old 12-26-2009, 04:03 PM
AnnaF

I have a friend that has a Tin Lizzie and she absolutely loves it.
I have a Gammill Classic with a 14' bed and I tried hers once and didn't much care for it but I'm used to a much larger, heavier machine with a huge sturdy frame. It's all what you're used to and if you learn with a machine you'll love it too.
Take your time and test drive as many machines as you can before making a final decision. Gammill now makes a moderate priced..approx $7000. +, though I have heard a number of negative reports on that model.
Also don't be afraid to consider a well cared for, low hours used machine. If I had it to do over again I certainly would invest less up front and buy used after really doing some research and having hands on time on various machines.
If you're looking for a machine for your own personal use you don't need the type of machine like I have because you aren't going to be working it as hard as I do for my business.
Try to get the most throat space you can with the $$'s you have because you'll really enjoy that extra space when working with pantographs etc.
Good Luck!!