View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by amma
Did you drop the phone and go running to your Mom's LMBO
Maybe trade DD for the sewing machine??? Certainly Grama must have room for her!!!! :D:D:D
That is awesome that your Mom thought of you!!!
Oh yeah, I agree!! Send her to live with Grandma -- it's probably been long enough that Grandma doesn't exactly remember how it was to have a TEENAGE DAUGHTER in the house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, it would be excellent to send her to live with the grandparents, but they already know from firsthand experience what having a teenager in the house is like: my sister and her husband used to live next door. But he got a promotion which meant moving north about 90 minutes away. But my sister put her foot down and said their daughter would not have to change schools until she graduated about 2 years later. She is 6 weeks younger than my daughter and is also a senior in high school.

So sis and niece live with mom & dad during the week, commuting up north on the weekends. Found out Christmas Eve that the hair hanging in her eyes drives my dad nuts (still! I remember that argument from my own teenage years). She will actually look at him and say, "Grandpa?" while she is combing her hair down the front of her face. Smiling the whole time, of course, because she knows it pushes his buttons. And, of course, he just shakes his head and says, "If your great-grandpa were alive, he'd scalp you bald for that little trick!"

Not that they don't love and dote on their grandchildren, but at their ages, I would not want to burden my parents with my child .... she's definitely a moody handful. I really do HATE 17 -- it's my third time at this rodeo and I'm glad I don't have to live through it again.

As for shipping her off to live with a boyfriend, I'm not too sure she's ready for that.... SHE thinks she is, of course, but my experience knows better!