View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 05:38 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default LQS Sample for Row by row

My LA dealer also has a small LQS . They are participating in the row by row experience.

http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/

She asked me to custom quilt her shop sample for the free row by row pattern. I loved this pattern! It is fusible applique and she is selling kits to go with the free pattern. She is using some sort of fusible you can run through a printer. So no tracing needed! Which is a good thing for those intricate silhouettes. This just made me happy to look at. Totally appropriate for this time of year and reminded me of many extended family beach vacations. I could practically smell the sea air while quilting it. As a bonus to my dealer, I included full size templates of the shells and seagull quilting motifs I came up with so she can include them in the free pattern.

Edited to add the tech details. This is double batted. A layer of Quilters dream 100% cotton select topped with a layer of Fairfield 80/20 (not my favorite batting but I had a scrap in my pile that was the perfect size!). The silhouettes are outlined using Superior Monopoly, their clear monofilament polyester thread. I used Glide in a light gray in the sky and water and So Fine in the sand and border. Bottom line in the bobbin.

As always, I look forward to your comments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481127[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481130[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481132[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails row-quilt-whole.jpg   row-quilt-flash.jpg   row-quilt-close-up-left-side.jpg   row-quilt-close-up-right-side.jpg   row-quilt-back-shot-1.jpg  

Last edited by feline fanatic; 07-01-2014 at 05:47 AM.