View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:36 AM
FroggyinTexas

[QUOTE=Tartan;6781471][B][COLOR=#0000cd]Most of us have the luxury of knowing are parents and grandparents. We have written up some of our oral history for further generations. I have also saved as many wedding portraits as possible. I don't think further generations will be all that interested in the ton of other photos but I think they should at least have the wedding portraits for doing their family trees.
I worry about the children artificially conceived and adopted with no history. It must be hard for them.[COLOR="#FF0000"][/

Whoa, there! Children who are artificially conceived have a history or a herstory. How many people can say they were so badly wanted that parents went through so much to get them? Adopted kids, whatever their birth origin, get families, moms, dads, uncles, aunts, grandparents, et. al. and that child is part of that family history and that family history ecomes part of the child. What's more, everyone makes history or herstory every day he or she lives. Now, to step off my soap box--froggyintexas