View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by tonka2shoes View Post
in my search I came across the Red Snappers. Now I want them BAD. lol.

Here is my question, after going through all the above that you really didn't need. lol My cloth leaders that came with the Grace King frame have a velcro system. There is no hem to slide anything through. Can I just simply buy another set of cloth leaders that are hemmed and use the Red Snappers on my Grace Frame?
Hi Tonka2shoes!

First of all, this thread is 2 years old, and not everyone is reading through to see that you posted a new question at the bottom of it, so a lot of the responses won't apply to your question.

You CAN buy new leaders if you want, but I don't see why you can't use the ones you already have. You say you have a velcro system. How do you attach the quilt to the leaders? On my system, the velcro attached the leaders to the rollers, then I pinned the quilt backing to the leaders. I folded over the leader and sewed a casing for the Red Snappers to slide into, instead of pinning. I'm thinking you could probably do the same?

p.s. As someone else said, you can shop around. Leadergrips, Red Snappers, Mondo Clips, all basically do the same thing. Pricing varies. I bought Red Snappers gently used from another quilter, so they were pretty affordable.