Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM
carriem

Janie--cute puppy. At first I was thinking it was a rottweiler (we have 2)...then I scrolled down to see the 2nd picture and nope...those legs are too short and tail too long.

We had a pretty bad storm blow through yesterday afternoon. Took down lots of trees and power lines around here. We didn't have power for about 24hrs. Here we only had a branch crack a windshield on our old van. My MIL had a BIG tree fall on her house. The first picture is the house from the front/north side. The tree on top is from the back of the house! Second is standing in the back on the south side. The last is the tree from the back of the house. Surprisingly her car doesn't have a scratch on it! The bulk of the tree fell in front of it and just a few branches behind. This is just one of 4 trees down in her yard. Another tree in the front yard tore the electrical service off her house.

We spent about 3 hrs cleaning up the smaller branches this afternoon. Probably have at least that tomorrow just to get the trees cut up and sorted into brush/firewood. Not to mention the additional time loading up the logs we will bring home to split for firewood. We'll get a permit to burn the brush there to save hauling it home. The little town where her house is still doesn't have power tonight.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03587.jpg   dsc03590.jpg   dsc03592.jpg