Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 PM
wildyard

I am posting here for a little boost to get this finished. LOL, I know you all will give me the lift I need. I have a big pucker I have to take out and fix, didn't see it as I was sewing with the sashing side towards me. Uggg This is on the blue Space Shuttle shirt near the top.

My friend has had many wonderful experiences in his life, including service in our military, serving to retirement as a California State Trooper and experiencing many awesome things as you can see from these t-shirts. I am honored to be chosen to make this quilt for him to honor his many services to his country and have named the quilt, Be The Star in Your Life.

I decided to be creative and use the yellow stars in the sashing to make a huge C in the top of the quilt, as the first letter of the recipient's last name is C. Believe me it added a LOT of complications to the planning and execution of this quilt, but I felt it was worth the trouble. Now that it's done, I think they don't stand out as a C as much as I thought they would. Due to the shapes of the t-shirts, one star was only able to have 4 points instead of 8 but I hoped it would still do it's job. Sigh.... I can't see a way to add the other 4 points to it. I'm open to suggestions.

I can't fit it all into one photo, so the first pic is the left side and the 2nd is the right side. I don't know how to combine them into one. Would love to know what program would work for doing that if anyone has a helpful hint.
Attached Thumbnails star-your-own-life.jpg   star.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 07-01-2014 at 04:55 PM.