View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 AM
CAS49OR

Great ideas! This morning I read:
Use Silk Organza for a press cloth. It's see-through and can tolerate high heat, also if you pink the edges it won't fray. I ordered a yard from eBay because I didn't see any at Jo-Ann's search.

I use shelf liner under my machine and under my foot pedal.

I use a mouse pad beside my machine to rest my purple thang, nippers, etc. so they don't slide away. I use another one on the table next to it for a coaster, very absorbent and doesn't slide. I used to get thick black ones at Wal-Mart cheap, and have had them for years.

I have a flexible light that has a magnet at the base, I put it in a magnetic bowl, then I can move it around to where I need it (ironing board, sewing machine, cutting table) and can also throw pins in the bowl. It's a heavy stainless bowl bought from Harbor Freight.

I also bought 36 In. Pickup And Reach Tool From Harbor Freight, works great for picking up stuff that fell under my sewing counter or behind my - way to heavy to move, metal - desk, it's hard to retrieve stuff there. I was looking for a picture and see it's only $1.99 today! http://www.harborfreight.com/househo...ool-94870.html