View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22 AM
citruscountyquilter

I have two houses and machines at both of them. My main machine until recently was a Viking 6460 circa 1976 that I have had since it was new. A couple of years ago I picked up an identical one from a friend so I could have one at each house. I inherited at Featherweight from my husband's grandmother and found another one at a resale shop for a good price so I had a Featherweight at each house too. A few months ago one of my Viking machines had a foot pedal that was over heating and when I inquired about repair found out it would be expensive because they were no longer making parts for these machines so I bought a refurbished Janome as back up. Last month I was able to get a Janome 8900 which has a large harp area for quilting for a good price so decided to take the plunge and get that. I will move that between the two houses. I would not have purchased the first Janome if I had realized I would be getting the 8900 so not sure what I will do with that so the bottom line is I have 6 spread between two houses.