View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 04:57 AM
quilttiger

Originally Posted by san-sing View Post
I just bought this machine at a thrift store today, the stitch length is real short and the stitch knob, or the one I think is the stitch length knob does not change the stitch at all. I hadn't oiled it yet, it runs real good. Has anyone had this problem or has this machine? I really need a manual. I will try the Sears web site. Do any of you have a suggestion on where to find a manual?
San-sing, congratulations on your find! Recently I found a Kenmore 158.19412 at an estate sale, and it looked like a loved machine. The tension was slightly off, but it preformed nice and quiet. I took it in for cleaning and oiling. The tension is now fine. The technician was very impressed,saying it was a very good buy. Since there are so many oiling points, I asked how often it should be oiled. Once a year will do it. Go easy on oiling...a small drop at each point will do it.

Google Kenmore 158 series. A bunch of websites will pop up. I did a little digging around with the model number and found mine was made in 1977. A manual came with my machine, but you can download your manual as a PDF. Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited by quilttiger; 07-03-2014 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Typo