Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 AM
carriem

QE-your DJ blocks are looking great!

Mirabelle--pretty purples in your mini blocks I have the files saved for these, but haven't printed them yet. I need to get at least 3 other quilts finished before I start something new. No sewing this week for sure. Not sure how next will turn out.

Quilter65--We didn't get 6" Sunday night...I don't think the rain gauge was emptied after rain Saturday, but Monday morning we had 5". It came down hard...less than a couple hours. Monday's first round of storms/tornadoes went through fast around 3pm...less than 1hr. Then it rained pretty hard again for a while around 7:00.

We don't have the tree all the way off the house yet. DH had to work all day yesterday (even went in two hours early) so today will be the day we can see all the damage. We know there are some holes in the roof, possibly 1-2 rafters cracked and for sure plywood and shingles that will need to be replaced. The ceiling in the house where the tree fell is cracked in one place with water damage and there is another place where the tree came through to the inside. It's going to be a busy weekend.