Old 07-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Sewnoma

Default What quilting process/technique keeps you humble?

I've been quilting just over 2 years now, which isn't very long, but I've been a pretty prolific quilter during that time; I've made over 30 quilts now (only counting actually FINISHED quilts...more if we count tops!). My friends & family are all non-quilters and they fill my head with praise and sometimes convince me that I'm really very good at this.

Then I work on a quilt with triangles and remember that in a lot of ways I am still very much a beginner! I'm working on a Carpenter's Star (Carpenter's Wheel?) quilt that is destined to be a wedding gift so I'm trying to make it as perfectly as possible, but I have always had trouble with even the simplest HST's so I'm having to go super slow and careful to make this turn out OK! I'm going to be extremely proud of myself if I manage not to lose any points on this one!

So I just got to thinking and wondering - what is the style/process/pattern/technique that is tricky for you, that makes you feel like a beginner again? I'm sure we must all have at least ONE thing we're not all that great at!