View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:57 AM
CanoePam

The machines I use on a regular basis are my Berina 440 workhorse, a Singer 221 Featherweight that I like to take to classes and traveling, a Sweet 16 sit-down quilter, a Bernina serger, and a Happy Voyager 16 needle embroidery machine. I also have two Singer 201s (one handcrank, one in an unusual treadle/electric combo cabinet), a number of Singer 66 and 99 machines (most in treadle but one handcrank), another Singer 221 that I really should find a good home for, and at least three Singer spindle bobbin machines. I also have my grandmother's White Family Rotary plus another White. I really do need to start getting rid of some of them, but they are just so satisfying to see. They are in workable condition, just needing some oil before I would start them up again. All of them have been sewn on a little, just to make sure they worked.

I did have the joy of selling one Singer 99 handcrank to the grandmother of an 8 year old who loves it! The young lady has made pillows, stuffed animals, and skirts for herself. Her GM sends me pictures of the completed project and the smiling girl - pretty wonderful!

Pam